Makro is launching its new and exciting education programme in 2019.
We are calling this programme:
We believe that getting the basics right will mean real opportunity for all South Africans. That’s why Makro has channelled its energy into a dedicated school’s programme to make a tangible difference where it counts – in education.
Makro’s m=educ8 is a simple and effective way for schools to earn revenue every time parents purchase anything from Makro. This exciting new programme launches in 2019.
The programme provides financial earnings to schools and educational institutions as a direct percentage of each Makro purchase made.
The programme is streamlined to be user-friendly. It’s easy to join, and just as easy to manage.
Our promise of saving customers time and money is made real with m=educ8.
And, our goal is to make a difference in helping people fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
About the programme
The programme has 4 pillars:
- m=Educ8 ensures that when parents spend, their children’s educational institution earns automatically – and immediately – without paperwork.
- The member’s educational institution gains private access to an exclusive Makro Price Book, tailored specifically to our m=educ8 group members, with very competitive pricing.
- Makro will invest in an upliftment programme across various schools, to empower the schools.
- Makro will further support these schools with 175 educational marketing events per annum to assist the school’s fundraising activities.
How does it work:
- Each parent simply needs to download the Makro mCard app on their mobile phones, and then, in an instant, sign up to the m=Educ8 Once they sign up, parents are ready to earn rewards for their school, while also earning all their usual mReward points.
- For every R1 000 spent by the parents, the educational institution will earn R5 (earnings applicable from R1).
- This means that in a school with, say, 1 500 pupils, and a spend of R1 000 per parent per month (assuming only one of the parents spends per family), the school can earn a very healthy R90 000 per annum.
- The electronic sign-up also means far less admin for the educational institution – you simply motivate your parents to shop with Makro, and the more the parents spend, the more your institution can earn.
If you would like to join our exciting new programme, please fill out the form below as written indication of your commitment or email to email@example.com.
All rewards revenue will be paid to the educational institution’s Makro account monthly.
Due to the launch phase taking place during the first quarter of the 2019 year, Makro will still honour parents’ spend from January 2019.
All parents will receive a message at the end of the year to either opt out or re-enroll for another year.190411_mEduc8 schools flier_final sent to print
M Educ 8 programme frequently asked questions and_answers